Learn how to create an impactful website using WordPress and gain confidence using the software. You will be guided by online tutorial videos how to technically set-up and brand your site, and build a framework to plan your content. You’ll also learn about blogging and extending the functionality of your website through plugins. This course includes discussion forums to ask questions and learn from other students. There is an additional in-person meet-up to discuss your project and to jump start your ideas. This course is filled with professional tips, free resources, focused worksheets and videos – all designed for you to succeed with your website project.
Please note: You can still join this course after June 5.
You will have access to the content for the remainder of the semester.
Course content is delivered online with additional opportunities for support and interaction through:
- There will be a few topic specific forums for the course to allow for conversations and questions + answers. Learners can benefit from previous questions and answers. Some lesson-specific conversations will be embedded into the course lessons for a quick view of what others have struggled with, wondered about, and resolved.
- Live 45 minute sessions* via Zoom for students to ask questions, share thoughts, get feedback and get past obstacles
- In the first month of the course there will be an opportunity to meet the instructor on campus at our computer lab to discuss the course, website ideas and other topics that interest you that will help support your learning.
- Understand WordPress: the framework and possibilities
- Learn the WordPress administrative interface
- Understand the basics of branding so that there is a cohesive colour scheme and vibe
- Map out the website structure for a great user experience
- Learn the value of strategic content page layout and hierarchy of information
- Create and source content visual and text content for each page