Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification
The CPA’s PCP certification is the foundation for a career in payroll. Gain an in-depth understanding of the legislative requirements to keep your organization compliant throughout the annual payroll cycle. When you get certified, you join a growing community of supportive professionals and gain access to the resources you need to stay current and compliant.
PCP certification requires three core courses, one transfer of credit and one year of weighted, related work experience. Please see the requirements in completion order listed below:
- Payroll Compliance Legislation (PCL) (Offered in Fall only)
- Payroll Fundamentals 1 (PF1) (Offered in Winter only)
- Payroll Fundamentals 2 (PF2) (Offered in Spring only)
- Introduction to Accounting (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- PCP Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) (a minimum of one year work experience in payroll)
All courses, including Introduction to Accounting, require a passing grade of 65% in order to be accepted toward PCP certification.
Students must first register with the College/University and pay the college registration fee. They must also register with the Canadian Payroll Association at least 10 days prior to the start date of the course and pay the CPA’s applicable fee(s) in order to receive their course materials and get access to the online learning platform.
Please note that this certificate program is not currently open for registration at ProSIT. To join an interest list, please email email@example.com