Coatings 101 is a simplified course designed for anyone who needs a basic understanding of coatings technology. The course provides theoretical knowledge and practical application of protective coatings information. The course uses case studies which challenge participants to make practical use of the lecture material. Course topics include Coatings Technology, Surface Preparation, Coating Specifications, Coating Selection, and Contractor Selection.
Coatings 101 is designed for everyone involved in the coatings industry at any level. The lectures in combination with interactive activities allow the participants to apply the theoretical principals in a practical situation.
- To understand the significant difference between "Paint" and "Protective Coatings".
- To be able to explain the difference (advantages, disadvantages and curing mechanisms) between various generic coating types.
- To be able to explain various surface preparation requirements and how to determine if the surface preparation meets the specific quality standard.
- To understand the purpose and become familiar with basic coating inspection tools.
- To understand the basic of a good coating specification.