About the StrongerBC future skills grant
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is available to individuals aged 19 and above living in British Columbia, irrespective of their financial situation. The grant provides funding of up to $3,500 per person for qualified short-term skills training offered by public post-secondary institutions. This grant is designed to enable learners to improve their skill sets and advance their careers, providing them with entry to well-paid, high-growth jobs.
To be eligible for the FSG:
- Learners must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Learners must be BC residents and currently live in BC.
- Learners must have graduated from grade 12 or equivalent by the start of the course or be 19 years of age and older.
- Learners must consent for Professional Studies & Industry Training (ProSIT) at Camosun College to disclose their information to the Province.
- Learners are not eligible for FSG is they are receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e., grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the FSG).
Important to Know
- The FSG may have tax implications.
- The FSG is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500 per person.
- If you are receiving any type of federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), or Income Assistant (IA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program.
- The amount of FSG funding you receive is subject to review and audit.
- The FSG funding only applied to courses or programs that start on or after Sep 1, 2023 and before Dec 31, 2023.
- Find a program you are interested in and make sure to check that you meet the admission requirements and that the program schedule aligns with your availability.
- Create a ProSIT Account here (if you do not already have one) and write down your X number.
- Download the declaration form here and submit a completed copy via email to email@example.com. This form must be submitted and approved in order to receive funding.
- ProSIT will confirm your registration via email and will send you further instructions to prepare for your program.
The following Professional Studies & Industry Training programs are approved for FSG funding.
Eligible Certificate Programs Open for Registration
- Applied Project Management Certificate Program
- AutoCAD Certificate Program
- Business Analysis Certificate Program
- Hospital Unit Clerk Certificate Program
Eligible Certificate Programs Available Soon
Eligible Micro-Credentials & Courses Open for Registration
- Adobe Creative Suite Micro-Credential
- Building Service Worker New Harmonized Foundation Program
- Commercial Vehicle Inspector Certification (CVIP)
- Counselling Professional Development Micro-Credential
- Cultural Safety Training for Healthcare Workers Micro-Credential
- Dental Hygiene Local Anesthesia
- Designated Inspection Facility Operator
- Digital Marketing Micro-Credential
- Drone Applications for Risk Assessment Micro-Credential
- Electric Vehicle Technology and Service Micro-Credential
- Film Production Assistant Micro-Credential
- Foot Care Nursing
- HRAI Ozone Layer Protection Awareness Certificate Program
- Indigenous Truth and Reconciliation in Action Micro-Credential (for allies and employers)
- Indigenous Workplace Administration Micro-Credential
- Instructional Skills Micro-Credential
- Land-Based Firefighting for Marine Fires Micro-Credential
- Leadership Micro-Credential
- Microsoft 365 Micro-Credential
- Passive House Design (Construction for Energy-Efficient Buildings) Micro-Credential
- Photovoltaic Installer & Design Micro-Credentials
- Plumbing Backflow Prevention Certification Program
- Plumbing Overview Course
- Pressure A Welding Course
- Small Engine Maintenance (Gas & Diesel) Micro-Credential
Eligible Nautical Courses Open for Registration
- Bridge Resource Management (BRM)
- Chartwork and Pilotage Level 1 (CP1)
- Chartwork and Pilotage Level 2 (CP2)
- Communications (COMM)
- Electronic Chart Display & Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Electronic Positioning System (EPS)
- Marine Emergency Duties: Domestic Vessel Safety (MED-DVS)
- Meteorology Level 1 (MET1)
- Nautical Leadership and Teamwork (LTW)
- Navigation Safety Level 1
- Restricted Operator Certificate - Maritime Commercial (ROC-MC)
- Simulated Electronic Navigation Limited (SEN-L)
- Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP)
Eligible Micro-Credentials & Courses Available Soon
- Become a Small Business Owner Certificate
- Cannabinoids in Health Management Micro-Credential
- Dental Hygiene Certification Course
- Electric Vehicle - EV Charging Installation
- Extensions, Wigs, and Hairpieces for Film Micro-Credential
- Foundations of Hair for Film Micro-Credential
- GIS and Data Collection Technologies Micro-Credential
- Historical Hair Design for Film and Media Micro-Credential
- Indigenous Workplace Leadership Micro-Credential
- Lean Fundamentals Micro-Credential
- Occupational Health & Safety Micro-Credential
- Professional Development for Dieticians and Nutritionists Course
- Working with Textured Hair Micro-Credential
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Supported by the Province of British Columbia.