The Dry Dock Training Course provides in-depth technical guidance on the process of drydocking ships and vessels. The course begins with the basic principles and safety concerns, then progresses through all phases of drydocking; preparation and planning, drydocking, lay period, and undocking. The course ends with a discussion of past accidents. With over 150 years of dry dock experience, DM Consulting brings clarity and organization to an otherwise complex set of drydocking principles.
- Understand the Art and Science of drydocking ships and vessels.
- Understanding different dry dock advantages and disadvantages.
- Introduction to drydocking basics and safety concerns.
- Comprehend universal drydocking and undocking calculations.
- Hands-on course with student participation in projects and practical application exercises.
- Learn from past dry dock accidents and incidents.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This training is targeted for:
- Dock Masters/Docking Officers
- Dry Dock crews-Engineers
- Insurance personnel
- Launch/Load Masters-Marine Surveyors
- Naval Architects-On-site Representatives
- Owners Representatives
- Port Engineers
- Program/Project Managers
- Shipyard Management
- Others involved/interested in dry docks, drydocking vessels, launching ships, heavy lift operations, and vessel transfers.
The course has accreditation with the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA)