Course DescriptionThe primary duty of Fire Watch is to identify, control and prevent fires in the workplace. Workers required to perform Fire Watch also maintain surveillance of areas where 'hot work' takes place, like welding, cutting and grinding. If a fire occurs they execute their duty of sounding the alarm and if safe to do so, extinguish the fire. This course is designed to train personnel required to perform Fire Watch, in their responsibilities and the proper use and maintenance of the equipment hey are required to operate.
Course OutlineThe purpose of this course is to ensure that workers required to perform Fire Watch understand their role and responsibilities. They will be put through practical hands-on
exercises where they have he opportunity to learn and demonstrate a basic level of knowledge and proficiency while performing Fire Watch duties and in the use of extinguishing equipment. During this course participants will perform an inspection of a fire extinguisher and extinguish fire using an approved fire extinguisher.
- Fire Watch Duties and Responsibilities
- Occupational Health and Safety and National Fire Protection Association Regulations and Codes
- Fire Watch Planning
- Hazard Assessments Elimination and Control
- Emergency Response and Control
- Fire Prevention during Hot Work
- Hot Work Permits
- Operation of Fire Extinguishers, Types of Extinguishers, Agents and Classification
- Types of Fires, Classifications, and behaviors
- Personal Protective equipment (PPE)