Become a BCWWA Certified Backflow Assembly Tester
This course is for plumbers, pipefitters, sprinkler fitters, and steam fitters and others involved in the installation, maintenance, and testing of back flow prevention devices. Participants will learn the hydraulic principles of backflow and the testing of backflow prevention assemblies. Successful completion provides certification through the BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA). Test sessions for BCWWA are conducted on the last Saturday of the course.
IMPORTANT: While the ProSIT test fee is included in the tuition of this course, BCWWA collects their exam registration and fee separately. Registration with both ProSIT and BCWWA is required at least two weeks prior to test date. To make sure you are registered properly, follow these instructions:
- Register for the Backflow Assembly Full Course and Tester Certification on this page.
- Then go online to BCWWA to pay the exam fee (approximately $130)
- Allow 2 weeks for BCWWA to process your payment and ship your exam to ProSIT
Required for class:
- The AWWA Canadian Cross Connection Control Manual
- Steel toed boots for the shop.