This course provides participants’ with ways to discover, understand, and collaborate with stakeholders and to communicate business needs. It will identify the most effective ways to apply the capabilities of the organization: to reach strategic alignment and the desired business objectives. Participants will examine ways to understand the current state, identify and evaluate solution options and recommend the preferred solution approach. Examine ways to evaluate the solution after implementation and identify risks to business value, assess the impacts and probabilities of those risks and develop ways of addressing them to ensure that the organization achieves the potential value.
Upon successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
- apply a variety of techniques to understand and articulate the current capabilities of the organization from a business analysis’ perspective
- describe ways to facilitate the discussion with executives and senior managers to establish business goals and objectives
- identify and assess alternate ways of addressing the business need
- conduct a feasibility assessment
- identify and assess risks to business value
- define and communicate a change strategy
- describe the main topics and techniques of solution evaluation
NotesThis course is offered as part of the Business Analysis Extension Certificate Program at Mount Royal University.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis Certificate Program : Required